This is an excerpt from the Online Class “Sell your Art Online”.
In this class I am giving you a method, ideas and links to tools you can use to build your online presence including your website.
This is a quick check-list for your website, you can use it as a guideline if you are in the process of building one or you can check that list against your website of you already have one .
Here is the excerpt from the class:
Now that your website is online, time for a quick check. Look at the following list and see if you need to make some improvements on your website.
- Is your website uncluttered? Is the Art the star of the website or are visitors distracted by the design? Are there too many things going on or is it simple?
- Are the pictures good quality pictures?
- Can visitors easily navigate through your galleries?
- Are there any broken links?
- Is the design responsive (Can you re-size the window and it will re-size the website) so it can look good on any size of computer screen?
- Is your website looking good on mobile platforms (cell phones and tablets)?
- Can people contact you easily?
- Do you give links to your social media profiles?
- Can people know easily who you are and what you do?
- If you have a blog, do you have a link to your blog?
- Do you have a sign up form for your mailing list on your website? (more about that in the unit about mailing list)
- Do you have a free gift you can give as an incentive for people to sign up to your mailing list? (more about that in the unit about mailing list)
If you have a store:
- Can people buy easily in a few clicks of a mouse or is the process complicated?
- Are the prices easy to see?
- Do you have clear information about shipping fees and return policy?
- On each sale page do you have all the info about the art (medium, size, support…) as well as different pictures (front, sides, back of the painting, close-up of details…)?